Hubsan H501S X4 FPV Brushless Quadcopter
When considering the sleek design of drone,Hubsan H501S X4 FPV Brushless Quadcopter is arguably is an amazing improvement from the design of other Hubsan drone models.
In terms of colors, this particular brand of Hubsan drone comes in two variants of colors: one is the gold and white, the other is the black.
Type: FPV drone |Flight time: 19 Minutes | Dimension: 220 × 70 × 220 inches | Weight: 3.6 pounds | Color: Gold and White.
DESIGN AND MATERIAL
This quadcopter FPV drone from the Chinese company, Hubsan, is quite affordable and is probably one of the best drones from this brand.
As a drone user interested in purchasing this drone brand, you can select which color suits you.
The two different variants of colours does not mean that both drones function differently or that one of the drones is better than the other.
They both were designed to function the same way. The Hubsan H501S X4 is the advanced version of this model and comes with a much bigger controller compared to the remote control of the standard version.
Although this large controller requires eight batteries to get it to work, it is quite easy to operate. More so, the controller has flying modes for the drones that contribute to the beginner pilot’s journey.
Beginners can attempt to fly their drones in headless mode. This mode that can be activated using the controller allows you, Beginner or Professional, to control the movement of the drone.
Whoever is going to man this quadcopter might need special skills to both make the drone take-off and land.
This is because the landing feet is a small standoff attached underneath it. Nevertheless, once it’s in the air, it becomes quite easy to operate as it has some of Hubsan Stable features like the way-point guided flight modes and return functions. This FPV drone is quite Light weighted as it weighs 401g.
The Hubsan H501S X4 comes with GPS that is responsible for the myriad of options that it can perform. Some of these functions include: Return to Home (RTH), Orbit, Follow Me modes etc.
However, it does not carry out these functions by itself as it has a little help from the radio remote control which serves as its reference. This is possible because of how the radio control is constructed.
It was built with a three inch screen, two antennas that perform different functions. On the one hand, the first antenna works with the 2.4 GHz frequency required for flight control.
The second works with a 5.8 GHz and is for the FPV. The camera that accompanies this drone does a fair job when it comes to photo quality.
If you are able to make the drone stable in the air and skillful in controlling the H501S X4,you could take good pictures with it.
As a result of the higher propulsion force, the Hubsan H501S X4’s brushless motors generate a huge amount of power.
Besides the functions or role that the inbuilt GPS plays, it also ensures the stability of the drone so that the flight control would be seamless both for Professionals and Beginners – especially for beginners.
The Hubsan drone only has flight time that lasts up to 20 minutes which indicates that you have to clearly define what you want to use the drone and just go for it with the 20 minutes available for you to be able to fly it.
It can also fly as high as 800 meter and you can tell from the screen how high or low you’re flying. It is advisable to fly this drone outside as the force with which the propeller works could damage objects if it is flown indoors.
The battery lasts long and you won’t experience episodes where the drone would go off without notifying you that the battery is running low. More so, you can see how low or high your battery is on the screen. Another icon that shows on the screen of the drone is the GPS coordinates.
Two unique features the menu keys can be used do include: Start and stop the recording videos and taking pictures. Nevertheless, the menu keys can’t multi-tasking as regards these two features.
In other words, you either use it for videos or for pictures but can’t do both at the same time. As explained earlier the picture is fair but could be better.
So, it would be in your best interest if you sincerely do not expect too much from the 1080p camera quality. In speed, it is not as fast as other racing drones but is also fair.
The remote controller is large but it is light without the batteries. Hence, once you add you eight batteries, it adds to the weight of the big controller making it pretty heavy.
- It has an inbuilt GPS system that is responsible for drone stability for a seamless flight.
- The battery takes up to 3-4 hours to charge as it’s flight time ranges from 18-20 minutes.
- It has the HD 1080p camera which is cool for taking pictures and videos.
- It is an FPV drone that makes the pilot feel as though they were inside the drone, driving it.
- It has quite a number of modes ranging from the follow mode to the headless mode and the return to home mode.
- It records HD quality videos
- You can retrieve your drone if it crashes and it’s all thanks to the positioning system in it
- It comes with extra blades and propellers
- It has short legs that make both landing and take off quite difficult
- Ayush Mishra is a renowned expert in drones and cameras, providing top-notch advice and buying guides as an editor at aeroflydrone.com. With a passion for aerial technology, he delivers comprehensive reviews and tutorials, staying updated with the latest advancements. Ayush's journey began years ago when he discovered the possibilities of drones and cameras. Now, he shares his expertise through engaging articles on drone selection, camera features, and aerial photography techniques. His meticulous approach to testing and reviewing ensures unbiased recommendations for both beginners and professionals. Ayush actively engages with the drone community, collaborating with fellow experts. His genuine passion inspires readers to explore the limitless possibilities drones and cameras offer. Whether you're a novice or a professional photographer, Ayush Mishra's insights will empower you to make informed decisions in the world of drones and cameras.